Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] test running unstated requirements
From: Wilson, Charles (Charles.Wilson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-22 15:14:26

In setting up a tester, I've run into two unstated requirements (at least on Windows).

  1. the scripts aren't hardened against spaces in path name elements
  2. the scripts don't work with long base paths

It would be helpful if the http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html page would add these as requirements.

  1. In terms of the stated space requirement of 5GB / compiler, I'm not sure where this is measured. In order to plan for a test system, it would be helpful to describe the prebuild footprint requirement also as if you start from zero, you don't have any idea which bits are being considered in the 5GB mentioned. As a reference, when I invoke with the following

> python .\run.py --runner=Draeger_Andover --toolset=msvc-14.1 --tag=master

the resultant footprint (from the base directory) is 50.7GB.

---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.
Diese Nachricht enthaelt vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurueck und loeschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com