Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Can we skip the __boost_check_library__.test ?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-03 03:19:02

Rerouting to appropriate lists..

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Kuhl, Brian via Boost-build <
boost-build_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Boost builders,
>
> We currently running the Boost test suite using ./b2 in the status
> directory.
>
> We run nightly on several simulators and real boards using ARM, PowerPC,
> Intel processors compiling Boost 1.68 with clang and GCC
>
> Our test results are being peppered with the occasional failure of
> __boost_check_library__
>
> I’m pretty sure we don’t care about the results of this test in the
> context cross-compiling VxWorks?

Probably not.

> What exactly is it testing for?

It checks various requirements and guidelines of the library structure.

> And assuming it isn’t relevant, how do we “turn it off”?

Add the "--no-check-libs" per <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/status/Jamfile.v2#L18> (I
believe running b2 --help in that dir would have shown you that info also).

> The library Jam files don’t have an explicit reference to this that I can
> find?

It's added here <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/status/Jamfile.v2#L119>. And
it runs this script <