On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj@gmail.com> wrote:
AMDG

On 10/24/2013 02:43 PM, Tom Kent wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Michael Mathews <muckjail@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> I just tried moving over to a new VM (everything was the same as what I was
> running teeks99-03* on, except it has msvc-12.0 installed as well), and I'm
> seeing a similar problem.
>
> Both seem to be at:
> C:/local/tools_bb/build\feature.jam:781: in expand-composites from module
> feature
>
> <snip>
> C:/local/tools_bb/build\feature.jam:781: in expand-composites from module
> feature
> error: explicitly-specified values of non-free feature <asynch-exceptions>
> conflict
> error: existing values: off on
> error: value from expanding  <asynch-exceptions>on : on
> C:/local/tools_bb/build\feature.jam:866: in feature.expand from module
> feature

This appears to be a result of the modular build
patch.

Ouch! Any idea if it is a fixable problem?

I guess as a workaround we could include the patch file in trunk, and then add a patch step to the modular boost instructions until the switchover, then go ahead and apply the actual patch. That seems pretty lame, however, and require s"patch" be available which is not a certainty on Windows.

--Beman