On Dec 31, 2013, at 9:21 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot@gmail.com> wrote:

OK, I think I've made enough changes to the regression.py script to make it much more optimal when it comes to cloning (should only clone once, ever) and I've resolved the problems with cleaning sources that kept Windows testers from progressing.

Please try again ASAP.

I’m confused; I’ve been running the run.py from <https://raw.github.com/boostorg/boost/develop/tools/regression/src/run.py> (as suggested at the start of this thread)

Should I be getting it from somewhere else?
[ Note that this file has not changed ]

— Marshall

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes@acm.org> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj@gmail.com> wrote:
AMDG

On 12/30/2013 02:05 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes@acm.org> wrote:
>

>> self.command_cleanup() is being called at line 586 without arguments, and
>> that defaults to deleting boost_root at line 262.
>>

> Beyond the question of why command_cleanup() is being called without
> arguments in the first place,

The old SVN behavior was that unless you pass
--incremental or --force-update, the regression
scripts would try to delete the sources and
check them out from scratch.

Yes, but it shouldn't clone --recursive the super-project, which it is doing, and then delete the just cloned super-project working directory afterwards, which is what is happening.

Note.. I'm not going to have much time to look at making changes to the scripts until likely next week.. So if someone can take the responsibility to make the hopefully minor tweak needed to get Windows testing working that would be great. I'd rather just have something working ASAP than something optimal working much later.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything