On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin@tid.es> wrote:
Daniel James <dnljms <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 19 January 2014 22:57, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > Le 19/01/14 19:47, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz a écrit :
> >> Woukd it be hard to adapt the scripts so that the reported
> >> date is instead that associated to the revision? Is this info
> >> available to the regression tester?
> > [...]
>
> The date would be from the super project. Updates to use the latest
> version of a module are automated and pushed almost immediately after
> a commit, so the dates for automatic commits should be reliable.
>
> [...] One thing we could do is use the committer date,
> rather than the author date [...]
>
> We can get the committer date for a revision using:
>
> git show --pretty="format:%cd" --no-patch HEAD

General agreement on this? Who is knowledgeable enough to make your
proposed changes to the scripts?

You are!

A time-stamp (in addition to the SHA) would be very useful.

You probably don't need to change any of the python or shell scripts. Just change the reporting program or programs. They are straightforward C++. See boost/tools/regression/src/report for the source code. Hopefully it is a very localized change. Look at the log for a recent commit where the revision was changed to report the SHA for the exact location where code needs to be inserted. See the report generation docs for how to build and run reports.

--Beman