On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco@sandia.gov> wrote:

On Jan 29, 2014, at 5:57 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:08 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
>> FWIW, the reporting system trims the output
>> to 65536 bytes.
>
> Good to know.  I was thinking we could constrain bjam to match the reporting system (-m64) so I just built with clang on develop and the files are order 100 Mb with -m64.
>
> -rw------- 1 kbelco kbelco 129370345 Jan 29 17:52 bjam.log
> -rw------- 1 kbelco kbelco 100987295 Jan 29 17:54 Sandia-Linux.xml
>
> Not too bad so for now I'll limit bjam targets to 64kb, I'll get a patch in for this shortly.

Updated develop regression.py to add -m64 to bjam options if user didn't pass a -m option (will use users -m option if they did).  This will impact both develop and master testers since they both use the develop tools.

Good, for now.  You might even try a much smaller number, and see if anyone complains:-)

Long term, it would be great to be able to optionally report pass/fail/warn. Possibly run two versions of the reports, one with the --warn option and one without. Then both developers and users could spot problems earlier than we do now.

--Beman