From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-01 06:43:18

>I got the command line gdb to run, but what a pain. I'm researching
>both the GUI version as well as the JIT versions available for
>mingw. They may help out. However, the command line version just
>stranded me with no clear idea why things were failing, so I don't
>know if the other debuggers will be much help.

If it helps, I tried debugging the thread code with the latest cygwin GUI
debugger (which is almost usable BTW), but still couldn't figure out what
the issue was. I also tried with vc6+pthreads-win32 and
Borland+pthreads-win32 and both of those check out OK, in the latter case I
was able to build both boost.threads and pthreads-win32 with Borlands
Codeguard support enabled, and there were no memory related errors, so I
think this is something very specific to gcc.

BTW I also see a page fault when building with gcc3.01 on Linux - this time
the fault goes away if I build in release mode, so I suspect there is an
assertion being triggered somewhere, and it's the assertion that's dying.
I haven't got any further than that though.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/