From: Tom Matelich (tmatelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 16:58:45

I asked the original question that sparked this, and its because (at the
root) I want to know whether feature requests need to be mirrored on the
main boost list. So if I can be sure that the author of the library is at
least listening to my boost-users message, I don't have to CC him/her or
spam both lists. That is why I wanted access to the members, and as a
support mechanism, why I thought it was important for boost-users.

I realize membership != reading the messages, so perhaps my point is moot.