From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-15 07:09:13

>I have some compile problems when I include regex.hpp from boost 1.27.0,
>that seem to be internal to the interaction between my platform and
>compiler.
>
>Are these known problems, and if so, what is the solution?
>
>ratts:~/cpp/classperf$ uname -a
>Linux ratts 2.2.6 #46 Tue Apr 27 16:40:54 CDT 1999 i486 unknown
>ratts:~/cpp/classperf$ gcc -v
>Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
>gcc version 2.7.2.3

Sorry, but I don't think that either boost or the regex lib has ever been
testsed on a compiler that old (gcc 2.7?) You could try reading about
boost's configuration options (libs/config/config.htm) and then running the
configure script under libs/config.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/