From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-26 09:43:42

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "Dale Peakall" <dale.peakall_at_b...> wrote:
> gcc version: 3.0.3 - thread model: posix
> ld version: GNU ld 2.11.2 (with BFD 2.11.2)
> boost: 1.27.0
>
> I've applied the unclosed extern "C" fix to once.cpp,
> removed the unsupported -pthread option from gcc-tools.jam,
> and built the thread library using jam with no errors.

The extern "C" bug is fixed in CVS. You might want to make sure the
gcc-tools.jam problem is a known issue as well.

> Has anyone compiled anything using this environment that
> uses boost.threads?

I don't have any way to compile/test on this platform so all I can
offer is general advise.

Since Jam works to build the library, does it work to run the test?
(Execute Jam in the BOOST_ROOT/libs/thread/test directory.) If this
works (hopefully it will) you can use Jam to figure out what command
line options are required to link on your platform (execute with the -
d+2 switch).

Hopefully others will have more information for you.

Bill Kempf