From: Wayne Hartell (whar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 15:52:48

Hi Jeff,

I agree that latest problem is possibly an STL/environment problem
specifically related to linking a DLL. An exe compiles and links fine.
I'm only new to GCC and am using v2.95. I tried updating to the 3.0.4
libraries but that didn't seem to help any.

Anyway, I only got into this bind because VC7 and VC6 both run into
Internal Compiler Errors when trying to compile (only a select part) of
the BGL. I got a work around from Microsoft for one compiler bug, made a
fix to the BGL code to get past another, then hit yet another internal
compiler error. Where does all this happen? Specifically with examples
from the BGL text book including the edge connectivity example in
section 8.2.

I don't blame the BGL for the bugs in the VC compilers and I guess the
remainder of my woes are most likely attributable to my inexperience
with the other compilers/environments. It seems, however, that for the
code I am tryng to compile atleast, that there is a hurdle at every
corner! I'm scared that even if I do get something going Ok, the second
I use a new template I'll be in uncharted territory again. Unfortunately
I can't afford this kind of risk on a fast track project. Maybe when I
have more time, I'll come back to the BGL and try again.

Thank you for your kind response.

Wayne.