From: Jon Kalb (kalb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-26 12:30:57

On 4/26/02 8:34 AM, "Duane Murphy" <duanemurphy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Boost has a reasonably liberal license for use in product both commercial
> and non-commercial. However I am wondering about redistributing source code.
>
> Does the boost license(s?) allow the sources to be redistributed as part
> of a commercial product? For example, a commericial library or framework
> that is developed using boost for underlying support and that library is
> sold in source code form.
>
> What are the legalities of distributing boost in this fashion?
>
> ...Duane

I don't think there is a problem. The BGL book (recommended*) has a CD with
the (then) entire Boost source on it. I'm assuming that you aren't modifying
the source in any way including removing or modifying copyright information.

The guidelines for licenses <http://boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License>
states:

(*) Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use
(commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.

It says "any use" and I suppose that includes redistribution as source.

-----

* <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201729148/libertysoftware>

--
Jon "I'm not a lawyer, but I watched one on TV" Kalb
Kalb_at_[hidden]