From: Holger Thiele (hthiele_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-30 16:20:27

Such as default warning level 3?

>There's some overhead involved in
>generating this, there's compile time overhead (which is important to
>some)

Do you have figures on that? In my experience, this overhead seems to
be a small price to pay for the ability to track bugs (inside your
debugger!)
on released code.

>and there's the fact that many users will be confused by the
>presence of debug information and why "stepping" through the code
>behaves so strangely and unpredictably.

As always, if someone doesn't know what he's doing, there's little help
besides getting educated. But, seriously, I think that most users that
even get into debugging release builds would surely appreciate library
code that supports this.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, and thanks for one of my favorite libraries

Holger Thiele
D.A.V.I.D. GmbH
www.david-gmbh.de