From: dmarsh26us (david.marsh10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-08 08:39:59

Have just bought the book and downloaded the source it all looks
cool.... BUT Can't build a thing!

Managed to get hold of AllExamples.dsw eventually converted it to a
new VC7 solution ok (few errors on some projects). But no builds,
cannot build any of my own code with BGL either. HELP.

This is the jist of it:-

------ Build started: Project: dfs_example, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

Compiling...
dfs-example.cpp
../boost_1_25_1\boost\type_traits\cv_traits.hpp(188) : fatal error
C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
        (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)
         Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual
C++
         Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
information

Build log was saved at "file://c:\BGL\VC++
Projects\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
dfs_example - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

The cv traits class seems to trigger the compiler to crash horribly.
I don't even know what this class does yet. (only got to page 55 of
the book!)
Anyone know a workaround? Anyone tried VC7 with boost yet?
Is there a microsoft patch yet?

Can't go back to VC6 as am using other new libraries.

Thanks

David Marsh