From: Nir Dremer (nir_dremer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-03 03:03:12

This problem is bad heap allocation.
if anywhere in your program you create something using
the new operand and afterward access some ilegal
position (beyond the end of the allocation) - vc7
compiler will detect that and will popup an assert.

regex++ is working excellent with vc7 so you can
assume it's something in the code you wrote that
corrupts the heap.

Good idea would be to refer to _CrtCheckMemory() API
and to debug you allocations code.

Cheers,
Nir