From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-26 12:15:19

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Christophe Galerne <yg-boost-users_at_m...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OS: cygwin uptodate
> Boost: 1.28
> C++ comp: g++ 2.95.3-5
>
> After what appears like a warning | error free compilation
> of the thread library. I'm trying to compile the examples,
> like this:
>
> $ g++ -I/data/boost_1_28_0 -o monitor monitor.cpp /data/boost_1_28_
> 0/libs/thread/build/bin/libboost_thread.lib/gcc/release/runtime-
link-
> static/threading-multi/libboost_thread.lib
>
> Which compiles fine, however when trying to run the example, I get:
> $ ./monitor.exe
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Yes, I'm unfortunately having issues with this compiler. I think it
may have something to do with the STL provided by the compiler, as
some users have reported success when using STLPort.

> This happening with all the examples, I'm guessing that I must be
doing
> something wrong... =:-D
> At the same time I'm doing not doing anything particularly wacky so
if
> someone could point my obvious mistake.
> Do I need to link against boost_threadmon also?

Yes, on the Win32 platform you have to link against boost_threadmon
as well.

Another alternative is to use pthread_win32 support of Boost.Threads,
as this I know works with GCC.

I'd love to get this working on GCC, but so far several attempts by
myself and others have failed to quite capture what the issue is.

Bill Kempf