From: Rene Rivera (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-10 18:36:31

In article <beib9r+ql22_at_[hidden]>, "jerry_karlin" <jerry_karlin_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> gcc-Link-action
> libs/test/build/bin/libboost_prg_exec_monitor.so/g
> cc/debug/runtime-link-static/shared-linkable-true/
> threading-single/libboost_prg_exec_monitor.so
> ld: warning: option -d appears more than once, first setting taken
> ld: fatal: option -dn and -z[text|textwarn|textoff] are incompatible
> ld: fatal: option -dn and -G are incompatible
> ld: fatal: Flags processing errors
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> What's causing this, and how do I fix it? I can't figure my way
> through these jam files just yet...

Most everything you might want to know is in the gcc-tools.jam file. That's
what maps the various toolset settings/features to compiler flags.

> Sparc Solaris 2.7, gcc-2.95.3, binutils-2.14
>
> Any help would be... helpful.

The truth is I can be of much help with the info you gave. The gcc toolset
(gcc-tools.jam) doesn't pass any of those flags (-d, -z, -G) to the compiler.

Try running bjam with the -d+2 option to see what the compiler invocations
are. If those flags don't show up in those, then I'd say there's something
wrong with your installation of GCC.

--
-- grafik
-- Don't Assume Anything