From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 10:55:18

At 08:19 AM 8/7/2003, allysonlurena wrote:

>I have been trying to build the filesystem library for one of our
>alpha servers running tru64 unix.
>
>I have managed to compile bjam using the tru64cxx toolset. Then, I
>went into the filesystem build directory and ran the following, but it
>has been hanging for over 30 minutes now on the last command you see
>below. Can anyone help? It could just be our machines, but I am at a
>loss. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Looks like it is completing the debug build, but then having trouble on the
release build.

You might try it again giving -d2 as a bjam command line option. That will
cause the commands being executed to be displayed, and you can look at them
to see if you spot any incorrect arguments or the like.

Also, before I even tried to build the libraries directly, I'd run the
regression tests (Jamfile in boost-root/libs/filesystem/test) first. That
uses a debug build. It the regression tests pass, that serves as an
important confidence test in looking at other problems; you will know the
basic setups are in pretty good shape and that you are dealing with some
kind of probably minor config or compiler problem.

HTH,

--Beman