From: Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (kmenard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-11 09:20:20

Hi,

Is it possible to build a shared_array of shared_arrays? I would
imagine there must be away, but I haven't been so successful at my
attempts to find it :-/

I'm working on converting an existing project over to the boost smart
pointer library. We've been using dynamically allocated 2D arrays to
hold points in a matrix, and would like to take advantage of the
automatic clean-up that the boost smart pointers can provide. That's
why I would like to make a shared_array of shared_arrays of some data type.

Any help would be appreciated. And if I'm approaching this all wrong,
please let me know. I'm open to suggestions for other ideas, so long as
the individual points can still be referenced in the form of:
point[row][col].

Thanks,
Kevin