From: Alan Stewart (astewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-02 11:30:21

I've been successfully using the tokenizer library for some time, and am
very grateful for it.

The format library looks very userful - I need to convert a bunch of old
printf's to ostreams.

However, in attempting to compile with gcc 2.96 I'm finding that there
are many substitutions that need to be made, such as replacing
"char_traits" with "basic_string".

I'm using Boost 1.30.0 in production, but have also tried 1.30.2 with
the same results.

I see that the format library headers include the header file
"boost/config.hpp". Is it likely that I have some sort of configuration
error?

Where do I find information on toolset compatabiliy for specific Boost
libraries, since this one does not seem to be compatible with mine?

--
D. Alan Stewart
Senior Software Developer