From: Andrew Syrov (syrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-10 12:20:15

I am looking for set of techniques for isolation testing. As applications
are designed with massive number of dependencies between classes and these
dependencies end-up in external systems such as databases and OS, it's hard
to extract function or part of class for efficient unit test.

Basically I need an advice on what coding techniques should be used to allow
flexible (generic?) stubbing:
- function of a class may need to be tested in isolation from world (members
could be global data for the purpose)
- class may be tested with stubbed set functions;
- data members could be stubbed, so no dependensies on classes which do not
participate in test;

Please advice.
Andrew.

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95.
https://broadband.msn.com