From: Marton Fabo (morton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-20 08:11:56

Hi!

I have looked around in the documentation and FAQs about my question,
but I don't seem to have found a satisfying answer.

My problem is that the boost libraries (especially function) seem to
successfully boost the code size of my C++ Builder program, too. The
source written by me is around twenty-some thousands of lines, plus the
VCL and stdc++ headres, the end result may be somewhere around half a
million lines in summary. But after having added some boost headers
(mainly function and bind) to where it's appropriate, the amount of
compiled lines on a full rebuild jumped to the ten million (!) range.

This is way too much. I'm not using any so that much advanced stuff that
it would be justified - and the compilation time is inacceptable for
such a small app.

So, does anyone have some clues regarding why boost may cause so much
bloat, and how I could reduce that?

thx
mortee