From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-16 05:55:12

the name mangled function that is exported is

?leaf_at_path@filesystem_at_boost@@QBE?AV?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@@V?$
allocator_at_D@2@@std@@XZ

but the function that msvc tries to link with is:

?leaf_at_path@filesystem_at_boost@@QBE?AV?$basic_string_at_DV?$char_traits_at_D@_STL@@V?
$allocator_at_D@2@@_STL@@XZ

Two things I've noticed that are a bit wierd are that the boost libs are put
in stlport-4.5.3 directory even when built with the options directing it to
4.6.
Also stlport has an option to put itself in the std namespace but merely
#defines std as _STL so I would have expected the exported function from the
boost library to be _STL not std.

Any ideas,

The msvc-stlport toolset doesn't currently work as advertised - I've posted
a bug report on this but can't find a bjam expert to figure out what's
wrong. Basically the STLPORT_VERSION macro gets ignored, it does work
however if you put <stlport-version>4.6 in your BUILD variable. I'd advise
running again with the -d2 option so you can check the command line options
actually used. Failing that build it in your IDE - in fact that's probably
the easiest option if you can't get bjam to work.

John.