From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-23 12:46:24

An interesting idea, and one that's almost certainly possible, but it
would probably involve considerable uglification of the Boost.Thread
code with ifdefs or some other mechanism, and possibly other problems.
Nonetheless, it might be worth considering if enough people need it.

In the mean time, you might consider writing your own mutex, lock etc.
wrapper classes that use the Boost.Thread library for their
implementation. This has the advantage that you can implement the
feature you requested as well as being able to adjust the interfaces
to your own needs, modify the implementation without modifying a lot
of code, etc.

Mike