From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-12 11:03:03

> "Jeff Flinn" <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> writes:

[snip]

> > bjam -sTOOLS=VC71 -sVC71_ROOT="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET
> > 2003\Vc7"
>
> Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that. We don't have a "VC71"
> toolset, so the above invocation should cause an error.

That was a typo in transcribing to the email, the exact command cut & pasted
from the command prompt window that worked was:

bjam -sTOOLS=VC7.1 -sVC71_ROOT="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET 2003\Vc7"

> > So I'm not sure of the purpose of the "" in the documentation, but they
are
> > misleading, at least to me.
>
> They work for me.

Aah, I see now it wasn't the "" that was the problem it was the missing '.'
in:

bjam "-sTOOLS=VC71" "-sVC71_ROOT=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET 2003\Vc7"

Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Out of curiosity, why then the
inconsistency between VC7.1 tool and VC71_ROOT?

> > The Praise -
> >
> > Awesome improvement in the completeness and organization of the built
libs
> > and dlls!
>
> Credit to Rene Rivera.

Definitely!

I see I can have both VC7.1 and VC6 builds coexist, great!

Thanks again,

Jeff F