From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-17 00:58:24

Duane Murphy wrote:

> A while back, I noted that there was an INI file parser as part of boost.
> It was obscure, but I think it was in the program_options library. I note
> references to program_options searching the web site, but I'm not finding
> anything in the latest builds.
>
> I'm specifically interested in parsing INI files (I'm on a Macintosh) but
> the program_options library also seemed interesting.
>
> Is there anything available? What's the status of the program_options
> library?

The library is in CVS now, and will be part of 1.32 release. It indeed has a
parser for INI-line config files, and according to

   http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Darwin.html

works just fine on Mac. The documentation can be found at:

   http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/program_options.html

If you decide that you'd want to use it, you can checkout the CVS version,
or wait for the next release, though I'm not exactly sure when it will
happen.

Should you have any question, please ask.

- Volodya