From: Erik Thiele (erik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-24 00:16:13

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:58:20 +0200
"Pavel Vozenilek" <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Nat Goodspeed" <ngoodspeed_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > > From: Erik Thiele [mailto:erik_at_[hidden]]
> > >
> > > now i can do:
> > >
> > > void foo()
> > > {
> > > protassign<bool> foorunning_assigner(foorunning, true);
> > > dojobs();
> > > dofoooo();
> > > }
> > >
> > > and that's all. is there one such thing in boost already???
> >
> > [Nat] In the forthcoming Boost serialization library:
> >
> > http://www.rrsd.com/boost/
> >
> > there's a state_saver template class that does what you're talking
> > about:
> >
> > http://www.rrsd.com/boost/libs/serialization/doc/state_saver.html
> >
> > This seems useful enough to promote to a library more general than
> > the serialization library.
> >
> Yes. Anyone willing to make it into standalone library is definitely
> welcomed.

well.... my file is "doxygen"ized. the open issues are the
CATCHDESTRUCTOR macro i use to convert exceptions in destructor to
warnings. this must be replaced by some boost conformant stuff. also i
store reference to the object, therefore some of your fancy traitstuff
must be used. the rest i think is easy. what steps are neccessary to put
this into boost? actually i have no time at all :) but maybe i could do
it anyway, since it should be easy.

cya
erik

--
Erik Thiele
Horst Thiele Maschinenbau-Hydraulische Geräte GmbH