From: Jean-Pierre Gygax (gygax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-24 08:05:34

> Since there doesn't seem to be anyone around here whose also using an
> updated Dinkumware library, I'd suggest that you either:
>
> 1) Use the regex makefile provided (if it's just regex that you want), and
> modify the makefile to inject the appropriate #include.
> 2) Just build in the IDE, there's nothing special going on here: just grab
> the sources in libs/whatever/src/*.cpp to build library "whatever".
(Caveat:
> the python and thread libs are slightly more complex than this, but not by
> much).

Thanks John, but I've now "worked around" the problem by moving back to the
standard library implementation that ships with vc7.1.

I'd have done this earlier, but I used to have an unsolved problem that I
have now finally pinned down - incidentally, that problem was the infamous
"can't read binary files with streambuf under Windows", which is solved with
Dinkum. (I wonder if other STL implementations like STLport have the same
problem?)

The second of your suggestions sounds promising though, didn't think of that
at all. Then again, is there any real difference between building in the IDE
and linking libs that were obtained by carefully synch'ing the compiler
flags?

What I'd really like to know is what the heck is going on. Why am I even
having multiply defined symbols? And where did that heap corruption come
from?

-- Jean-Pierre