From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 05:32:31

> 1. I built stlport
> 2. I set STLPORT_PATH and STLPORT_VERSION to their respective paths
> 3. I replaced every occurrence on /Zc:wchar_t with nothing (practically
> deleting them) -- you should write this somewhere on your page...
> 4. I went to libs/regex/build
> 5. I ran nmake /f vc71-stlport.mak all (it went ok this time, no errors)
> 6. I ran nmake /f vc71-stlport.mak install (and it all went ok).
>
> Now I make a simple win32 app and I include <boost/regex.hpp>. But when I
> actually USE the regex class I get this linker error:
>
> html to mhtml fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
> 'libboost_regex-vc71-s-1_31.lib'
>
> And it is not there... What am I missing? Do I need to make a copy or
> something? I get that error regardless of my program's wchar_t setting
> (although I'll leave it off for now) or the runtime library (I'll leave
that
> /MT).
>
> Now this is a step forward (albeit small). Now I just need to get my
program
> compiling. Can you help?

Yes: the library 'libboost_regex-vc71-s-1_31.lib' is the following variant:

Release runtime library.
Single threaded.
Static runtime library.
*Not* an STLPort build.

So:

1) your app is apparently not being built with STLPort in it's include path,
and given the subject line I assume you want it to be.
2) STLPort does not support the single threaded runtime out the box, so you
will have to switch to one of the multithreaded runtimes.
3) If you use a debug runtime, then I suspect you will also have to define
__STL_DEBUG when building as that's the STLPort setting that Boost uses by
default.

John.