From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 13:57:21

> Brian Braatz wrote:
>
> >> Rene Rivera Wrote:
> >>build/v2 is not used for building Boost. It's the experimental, and
> >
> > I am sorry - I am confused and am trying to find my way out:
> >
> > *- What is listed for download on sourceforge does not reference a
> > version of build v1 or bjam v1 or what have you. ( I am confused as
> > how to get the older version)
>
> OK, some explanation... In SF there are 2 downloads: boost-build-2.0-*
> and boost-jam-3.1.*. That boost-build-2.0 is the version 2 I mentioned
> which is the experimental version. boost-jam-3.1.* is the scripting
> engine BJam (based on Perforce Jam & FreeType Jam) that both V1 and V2
> run on top of.

(snip)

Just wanted to thank you Rene for helping me get my head straight on
this. I am compiling now with Boost.Build. I have run into another issue
that I will be posting on the bjam list (thank you for pointing me to
that), but life is definitely nicer.

Boost is awesome all by itself, but without the support of the community
for those of us getting our heads around these things, boost would not
be able to grab more users.