From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-14 21:25:07

Samuel wrote:
> [...]

What Mr. Dimov is saying is that it is impossible to place the code you
would like to use above in Boost because it would affect other Boost
libraries which do not need RTTI to work. Furthermore if it were placed in
the header file of a library which did need RTTI to work, just including
that header file, without actually using code in it that needed RTTI such as
dynamic_cast, would cause an immediate compile time error.