From: Gordon Smith (schmoo2k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-20 09:22:48

Great thanks, this is working a lot better now...

Comments (really just some boundary cases):
1. If two vertices have the same location before the layout is called, they
will have the same location after the layout is finished.

2. If _all_ the vertices have the same location, then there is an infinite
loop (see 3).

3. I know you recommend calling circle_layout before calling the spring
layout, but since this layout algorithm is very dependant on starting
positions I think you will find this won't produce great results... In fact
calling the spring algo several times in succession shows it gets "better"
(in my project I animate the movement after each iteration), I will be
playing with the "Done" rules over the next couple of days and will report
back findings (if any are of interest).

Again thanks for your work - I am comparing this spring layout against my
spring layout and also against "neato" (which I can't animate) from the
graphviz project.

Gordon.