From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-24 03:34:32

Le mar 24/08/2004 à 04:41, Jeff Holle a écrit :
> I've just refreshed my boost via CVS and ran into a build problem with
> gcc v3.4.1.

Could you please describe your system?

> Initially, seems like everything failed on my system.
> However, I discovered that there is now a configure option :-) .
> After installing user.hpp where it does some good stuff, the bjam of the
> root of boost succeeded.

Boost CVS is supposed to work out of the box with GCC 3.4.1 (I use in my
everyday work, and there are also daily regression testing). There
should be no need for a user.hpp file. What is its content?

> However, in running bjam in $ROOT_BOOST/libs/graph/build.
> This Jamfile is configured to build both release and debug version of
> bgl-viz.
> It fails with similiar problems that I was getting elsewhere before I
> ran configure.
> An example of the problems is:
> boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp:33: error: expected unqualified-id
> before '<<' token
> boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp:33: error: expected `,' or `;'
> before '<<' token

Is this the entire error message? I'm a bit surprised because there is
no code at all (and there never has been) in libstdcpp3.hpp: it's a
header purely for the preprocessor; line 33 is a #else for example.

Regards,

Guillaume