From: Jeff Holle (jeff.holle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-24 13:47:03

I have attempted to figure of whats going on but the symptoms are quite
complex and confusing.

First my system characteristics:
  - Mandrake 10.0 Linux
  - using gcc v3.4.1 (which I build)

The symptoms:
  1. After doing a "bjam clean" and running "bjam" in my BOOST_ROOT
directory, I did get it to build.
       Like I did last night.
       Additionally, after doing the same thing in
$BOOST_ROOT/libs/graph/build, I got it to build. Last night's results
       where not repeated. Maybe I hadn't done a clean in this directory...
  2. In building my application, it apparently failed to link properly
to libbgl-viz.a. My application is actually
       a library that uses boost.graph, including read_graphviz. My
test program simply links to it and provides a
       main module.
  3. I added all files that my library was build with to my test
program's Jamfile. At this point I didn't get any linker
       errors. However, both debug and release versions segment
faulted. The debug version ran normally under my
       ddd debugger.
  4. I switched back to boost_1_31_0 and none of these problems developed.

I got a feeling like something basic was changed in boost_CVS since
June. Whatever it is, its not compatiable with my
environment. I'll stick with boost_1_31_0 for now.