From: Rodolfo Schulz de Lima (rodolfo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-25 18:44:43

I had this problem while compiling boost for mingw32 (linux->win32). For
unknown reasons (to me), mingw's gcc-3.4.1 doesn't compile by default
with
threads enabled. This way, libstdc++'s define named
_GLIBCXX_HAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT isn't defined. If you look in
boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp, you'll see that if this define isn't
defined, BOOST_HAS_THREADS doesn't get defined either. This check
doesn't exist in boost-1_31, but exists in boost-1_32 (from CVS). So I
compiled gcc again using --enable-threads, and suddenly all worked as
expected.

[]'s
rod