From: Raj (raja_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-09 10:44:13

Hi
I have build boost libraries for
a) regular gcc
b) gcc-STLPort

the following code works perfectly for "gcc" and throws up the following
errors for "gcc-STLPort".

// this is my function object that
// takes in input parameters as part of its constructor.
func_obj instance(data,m_regMap);

boost::shared_ptr<thread> pThread(new boost::thread(instance));

ERROR:
mystuff.cpp:101: undefined reference to `boost::thread::thread[in-charge]
(boost::function0<void, _STL::allocator<boost::funct
ion_base> > const&)'

If I assume that the boost runtime library has not been linked, that
is not the case.(ldd tells me that i have)
whereever I use 'xtime','lock' or 'condition' it doesn't complain.

WHAT IS STRANGE IS THE FOLLOWING COMPILES
boost::thread thrd;
boost::thread thrd(func_obj); // it is the actual fo not an instance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This happens on Linux/with STLPort 4.6.2/gcc 3.2.3