From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-14 21:21:48

Hello Ewan,

On Oct 14, 2004, at 11:04 AM, Ewan Campbell wrote:

> When resizing a multi-dimensional array I receive the warning:
>
> d:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xutility(100) : warning C4101:
> '_Tmp' : unreferenced local variable
> d:\boost\include\boost-1_31\boost\multi_array.hpp(246) : see
> reference to function template instantiation 'void __cdecl
> std::swap(class std::allocator<double> &,class std::allocator<double>
> &)' being compiled
Hmm...this looks like the warning is pointing at the implementation of
swap in your compiler's standard library.

> If I initalising the array to shape and then resize it there is no
> problem, but I require it to be a class member variable.

what exactly do you mean by "initialiing the array to shape and then
resize it"? Can you show a complete piece of code that gives the
warning and a complete piece of code that does not but still uses
resize?

Thanks,

ron