From: Arno Schäfer (arno.schaefer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 07:39:56

John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:

> You have to double up escapes, and also escape '$'s as well: see the format
> string syntax for a guide, maybe I should add a "format_literal" option as
> well though,

I am wrapping some classes in our existing application, which have the
interface that a regular expression will be replaced exactly with the given
string, so I have no influence to the input and I don't know what things are in
this string, what was given to me. So my hope was, that I can force this
behaviour with some flags, but what I see from your answer it will not exist.
So can you give me a hint where the best location is, where I can
implement "format_literal" for my personal boost library? I need this
functionality!

Arno