From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 17:41:55

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:30:01 -0800 (PST), Sara Collins wrote

> Thanks Janusz for your help with gcc. I tried to set
> STLPORT_LIB_DIRECTORY and it still didn't work. It
> finally worked when I set my path to my lib directory.
>
> Regarding to installing stlport for vc71. I tried out
> boost_1.32.0 and I got exactly this error that was
> described in the link below. I played with flipping
> off BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE and it didn't seem to make any
> difference.
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/2208384
>
> The error message was: (truncated)
> vc-C++
> bin\boost\libs\date_time\build\boost_date_time.dll\vc-7_1-
> stlport\debug\threading-multi\greg_month.obj greg_month.cpp
> C:\boost_1_32_0\boost\lexical_cast.hpp(150) : error C2679: binary
> '>>' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type
> 'boost::date_time::date_names_put<Config,charT,OutputIterator>::string_type'
> (or there is no acceptable conversion)

Ok, I looked at this again and I think I gave poor advice the first time.
Try defining BOOST_DATE_TIME_INCLUDE_LIMITED_HEADERS (look at
boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp for more) during the compilation. That
will stop the inclusion of the the offending code and hopefully allow things
to compile.

Jeff