From: Mike Fuller (mmfuller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-13 18:21:03

I 'm having trouble installing the Boost graph libraries (release:
boost_1_31_0) on my Macintosh laptop. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.6 on an
iBook G4 (933 MHz), with 640 MB SDRAM and a 60 GB drive. gcc version
3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666). Darwin Kernel Version
7.6.0.

I followed the installation instructions provided in the html document:
Getting Started (http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html). The
procedure seemed to work smoothly:

* The build script for Boost.Jam properly recognized the "darwin"
toolset.
* The command: bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install properly initiated the
install script.
* boost_python was not installed, but I didn't see this as a big deal
since I don't use Python.

However, when the build was complete, I could not locate the Boost
graph libraries. I could only find eight types of Boost libraries in
/usr/local/lib. (For each type, there are eight associated libraries,
as is described in Getting Started.) I do not see the graph libraries.

The boost libraries found after the build in /usr/local/lib include
static and dynamic forms of:

libboost_date_time-1_31
libboost_filesystem-1_31
libboost_prg_exec_monitor-1_31
libboost_regex-1_31
libboost_signals-1_31
libboost_test_exec_monitor-1_31
libboost_thread-1_31
libboost_unit_test_framework-1_31

Is the graph library not installed as part of the standard
installation? Perhaps the problem is related to boost_python? Or are
they installed somewhere else? Is there a separate procedure I'm
missing?

Thanks. I am not a UNIX super-user, and I don't have a lot of
experience installing libraries. Please reply to mmfuller_at_tiem.utk.edu.
Mike Fuller
University of Tennessee, Knoxville