From: Richard Howells (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-25 06:23:16

There are traps in the MS world. Some CRT functions (think strtok - yuk)
use static data. If you build with the statically linked version of the
library, each executable (.exe AND .dll) has it's own copy of that static
data and they don't know about each other.

All executables built with the dynamically linked version share the same
copy of that static data.

If you use the dynamically linked version then you should (on Win NT and up
systems - not Win 9x) share the same copy of the code with all other apps in
the system that use the CRT.

HTH

- Richard