From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-06 21:35:23

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> "Katti Faceli" <katti_at_[hidden]> wrote in message:
>

>>I am trying to build boost 1.32.0 with dev-cpp.
>>
>>I am employing the command line:
>>bjam "-sTOOLS=mingw" "--with-python-root=C:\Python24"
>>"-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp"
>

> I don't know the Dev-Cpp directory structure, but I would assume you need
> something like
>
> -sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\mingw

Dev-cpp has an include subdirectory so that's not the problem, after all
it's supposed to search the system headers without any intervention.

The problem is known issue with mingw in that it doesn't handle quoted
arguments correctly and breaks at the spaces. (if I remember correctly)
You can "solve" the problem by installing dev-cpp in a path without
spaces in it, like c:\dev-cpp.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything