From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-29 13:34:29

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:05:00 +0100, Martin Gebert
<Murphy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried to compile the boost lib from source with
>
> $ bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc"
>
> but while compiling the process "cc1plus" tends to consume memory quite fast, finally bringing the machine to a halt.
> Environment:
>
> SuSE 8.2, Kernel 2.4.20, all updates
> gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)
> boost-jam 3.1.10 (also made from source)
> boost 1.32.0
>
> My fault or a boost/bjam problem? Thanks in advance!

There is a known issue on MacOS X compiling one of the files in the
serialization library in release mode (xml_grammar.cpp I believe).
Perhaps you're hitting the same bug on this platform.

See:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/7978

--
Caleb Epstein