From: Becky Bendick (bendick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-15 11:36:42

To anyone who is interested:

With the assistance of a huge number of very useful people, I've sorted
out how to successfully install the boost 1.32 package on Mac Darwin
with gcc 3.3. There are two problems to solve:

1. some libraries are made but not usable because of errors like:
        /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_expression.hpp:1837: error: due
> to a defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same mangled
> name to
> twodifferent types In file included from
> /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp:23,
> from conftest.cc:100:
> /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix_expression.hpp:5156: error:
> due to a
> defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same mangled name
> to two
> different types
> configure:23533: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h. */

The solution is to put -fabi-version=0 into your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS,
rebuild bjam, and install boost with the rebuilt bjam.

2. Install hangs on xml_grammar.

        The solution is outlined in
        http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg76758.php

        Or include the following: