From: Anatoly Petkevich (phanat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-28 10:55:18

> That's an interesting configuration... so the vertices and out-edges are
> stored in vectors, but the list of edges--as accessed via edges(g)--would
> be
> sorted according to some criteria? Is this the representation that's right
> for your application? (I haven't seen a need for such a representation
> before).

Generated graph is a planar proximity graph - some subgraph of Delaunay
triangulation. It is known that vertex degree for such graphs
is at most 6. I do not need edge erdering or parallel edge elimination, thus
vecS is used as OutEdgeList argument. Besides, vector-based storage
is more space (and time) effecient for such sparse graph than list or
associative container.

Proximity graph is derived from original graph by sequence of edge removal.
This operation is time-critical for our application. This is the main reason
I use
setS as EdgeListS - to get logarithmic removal time instead of linear.

Thanks,
    Anatoly.