From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-28 22:02:03

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:32:27 -0500, John Eddy wrote
> If I create a file with nothing but the include:
>
> #include <boost/date_time/local_time/local_time.hpp>

I'll just note that the local_time code is currently 'alpha' code -- that is,
we are still working on it and haven't officially documented it as part of
date-time. So basically interfaces, etc, are subject to change. That said,
feedback is welcome.

> I get a compiler error (VC7 .NET 2003) having to do with line 149 of
> tz_db_base.hpp which reads:
>
> typedef time_zone_names<charT> time_zone_names;
>
> which doesn't seem to make much sense.

An several lines before there is this:

      typedef char charT;

Not terribly elegant, but I believe left over from a time when the tz_db_base
was templatized on charT. Noted that this should be cleaned up.

> from a brief inspection of the time_zone_names.hpp file, it seems
> that line 64 which reads:
>
> typedef time_zone_names_base<char> time_zone_names;
>
> may shed some light on the solution.

Feel free to change to char and see if it fixes the problem. I expect us to
start serious porting work on this code in the next month or so, but as Bart
pointed out most of it has already been tested against gcc 3.3 so for it does
work on at least one platform/compiler.

Jeff