From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 23:41:10

Dave Gomboc wrote:
> I've downloaded boost 1.32, downloaded bjam, ran the vcvars32.bat for
> MSVC7.1, ran bjam install, updated Tools | Options | Projects | VC++
> Directories | Libraries to include "C:\Boost\lib" first. I also
> added the include directory (which worked, or I would have received a
> error at #include <boost/...>).
>
> However, when I try to build the first demo app, I get LNK2019 errors.
> But there are a slew of files in C:\Boost\lib:

You can try using bjam to build the tests - there is a file runtest.bat in
the serialization library to do this.

assuming you're using the v 7.1 ide you can try the folloing:

a) you can build the tests using bjam - there is a runtest.bat file in the
serializaition/test directory for this purpose.
b) If a) works its most likely a question of getting the project settings in
sync with that used by bjam.
c) IDE settngs to look out for
    i) C++
        1) codegen - static linking or dynamic linking to c runtime library.
Make sure that it agrees with the appropriate library - see below
        2) use wchar_t as a type - not a synonym for unsigned short int.
    ii) Link
        1) search directory - set to the directory which contians the built
libraries
        2) libraries - use the name of the boost serlialization library you
want to use. This has to be in agreement with the C++ codegeneration
setting in c.i.1 above

good luck

robert ramey