From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-08 21:35:14

Nat Goodspeed wrote:

> [Nat] Might it be simpler to test the condition in your custom combiner
> class? Leave all the slots connected, but for a given invocation, skip
> any that fail the condition.

A different but related question: is it possible to examine the iterated
connections from the combiner, or somehow associate state with each
connection? How would the above be implemented, other than by creating
a separate data structure that kept track of the ordinal any slots to
skip? (This excluded method, in my opinion, largely negates the
usefulness of the signals library in the first place, as it requires
reimplementation of the basic primatives that the signals library is
built on.)

Aaron W. LaFramboise