From: Eyal Susser (eyal.susser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 09:43:45

Hi,
I'm using the serialization library, but have encountered problems.

I have an archiver that I use with a stringstream to serialize
objects. I write some ints to the archive using "ar << my_int", and
finally I archive a derived class wi ar << derived. So far, so good.

In a different process, I create an input archiver, read the integers,
and then pass the archiver to a different method, where I create an
instance of the class I serialized and use "ar >> instance". This
throws an exception.

The code for the object created is one *.so, and teh code that does
the creating does it with a templated class factory in a different
*.so. Is that why I'm gettin the exceptions? Is there a solution?

The exception is boost::archive::archive_exception what(): stream error.

Thanks.