From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 11:16:54

Registering isn't a very long operation, so if registering every time you call works for you, it would be a good solution. I believe the normal registration function would work fine here. The problem arises with the attempt to EXPORT via a unique identifier.

Another way would be to use the text string which is part of typeinfo where RTTI is supported. Problem is that that creates archive portability problems.

Robert Ramey.
  "Olivier Vanden Bos" <olivier.vanden-bos_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:930168C299A0C44D905F4B11995AD74401317BF1_at_UBIMAIL2.ubisoft.org...
  I am not sure of my fact, but can we do it dynamically , as the macro call extended_type_info::self_register() and void extended_type_info::key_register(const char *key_).

  I ve read in the list some stuff about registering templates like this.

   template<class> struct pack;

   template<class T> struct pack<void (T)> {

       typedef T type;

   };

   BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT( pack<void (DerivedStatus< Algo<int, double > >)>::type );

  Can we mix that together to achieve this goal ?

  In fact, I don't care if we register the type each time we call, I know it s not optimal , but at this point I can live with it.

  void Add()

  {

        B<int>* objectToAdd= new B<int>(0)

  BoostRegister(B<int>);

  array.push_back(objectToAdd);

  }

  - VDB -
   "LNK1210: exceeded internal ILK size limit"